Force an Upgrade
- Log into your Initial State account.
- Go to your account page where the SmartThings integration tile is.
- Click on the wrench in the top right of the SmartThings tile and then click "Deny" instead of Authorize. You may have to log into SmartThings first.
- Verify that the Automation has been removed by opening your SmartThings mobile app, navigating to Automations and verifying that there is no Automation listed called "Initial State Event Streamer"
- Log into your Initial State account
- Go to "my settings" where the SmartThings integration tile is.
- Click the tile, select the location (if you have multiple), and select the devices under the capabilities you'd like to monitor. You may have to log into SmartThings first.
- After some events have occurred for the selected devices/capabilities on your SmartThings network, you will start to see them showing up in your Initial State SmartThings Bucket.
If you want the data to go to the previously created SmartThings bucket, you can simply change the bucket that the SmartApp is configured to use by changing the access key and bucket name on the name of the bucket inside the SmartThings configuration tile in your Initial State account. When you click on the name, it turns into an editable dropdown box. The dropdown box is a list of your bucket names and, to the right of the name, the "bucket key". Select the bucket you were previously using and you should be good to go! If you don't know the bucket key of the bucket you were previously using, you can find if by clicking on the settings link underneath the name of the bucket in the bucket shelf along the left side of the web app.
If you want your SmartThings data to go into an already created bucket, go to your bucket settings and click the box for "Connected to SmartThings." Click the done button in the bottom right of the bucket settings.
If you have any issues with this, please contact us.