What would you like to see next?

Control Functionality

Control by interaction with a Tile, or control by webhook fired on trigger action.

Ideas:
Toggle Button Control. Provide a visual representation of a toggle button, allow the user to select and have it toggle. Each toggle would timestamp the event. Provide a HTTP GET to allow for the reading of the latest value and timestamp of the toggle button.

Slider: Provide a visual representation of a slider with the ability to define min/max/step/[horizontal|vertical] values. Allow a user to move the slider and timestamp the settled on value. Provide a HTTP GET to allow for the reading of the latest value and timestamp of the slider.

I don't think eventing would be necessary, to keep things simple it would be up to the client to periodically read the value of the toggle or slider.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Patrick RyanPatrick Ryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ScrewyluieScrewyluie commented  · 

Seems simple. It says the lock is unlocked... why not click to change state? allowing me to control the things from the web interface. Lock/unlock a lock. Turn on/off lights, change their color. Change the thermostat temp/mode... etc. Let's control our things from the monitoring screen.

• JuanJuan commented  · 

Control buttons that generate action (api, webhook, email etc) upon user request. Uy should be useful for remote monitoring applications

• Patrick RyanPatrick Ryan commented  · 

I realize the vote total is low on this one, but it happens to be the 'last' one feature I need for a full InitialState implementation.

In my particular application, I am reporting a utilization and if it is higher/lower than the user wants, I need to allow them to provide a slider adjustment to either increase or decrease the utilization. It is essentially a feedback loop. In my case, it is not realtime, so I can poll on the device for updates made to the dashboard.

I need to be able to set the value from the device and have the user adjust the value from the Initialstate dashboard.

A toggle button is also needed - again, the device can communicate the current state but allow the user to change the state.

Thank you for your consideration.

Feedback and Knowledge Base